Tuesday, April 16, 2019

William Carlos Williams Essay Example for Free

William Carlos Williams EssayThe poem that I like the best was Catch by Robert Francis. I judgement this poem was the me of my puerility and it represents what poetry should be. The imagery in this poem was great it took me back to when I was a youngster when I and my brother would play catch for hours. We would throw the ball every way feasible to elucidate it more challenging and fun to play still like the poem described.The third crimp in the poem says Teasing with attitudes, latitudes, interludes, altitudes really grabbed me with the use of assonances and the hard T and L sounds gave the poem intensity. I also like how the poem represents how poetry should be. For example, line 10 says Over his head, make him scramble to pick up the inwardness. Poetry is supposed to be challenging, surprise the reader and makes them think what the deeper meaning is which creates interest. If poetry was simple and easy to read it would be a short narrative story and be engaging or satis fying. The poem was a great representation of what poetry should be and brought me back to my childhood which is why I chose it to be the best.The poem I liked the least was The Red Wheelbarrow by William Carlos Williams. I liked it the least because I couldnt find a deeper meaning of the poem. All I got from it was an image of a red wheelbarrow with rain water glistening on it sitting beside color yelloweds. Im sure Williams wanted the reader to get deeper meaning out of the poem than just an image.I went through the five questions and tried to decipher the meaning of the poem and still came up with nothing. why does so much depend on a red wheelbarrow? Does he have a bad back and depends on the wheelbarrow to haul stuff around to make a chicken coop for the chickens to survive? I have no idea. The poem has interesting diction but I thought it was vague which is why it is was my least favorite poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment